0
Loading...
Short Film Festival is a pioneering film festival in Nepal that showcases short films from Nepal and around the world. With 79 compelling and distinctive stories from all over the world, Ekadeshma’s fourth edition begins from today. This year, they tell tales about social struggles and self-revelations, penned down by both student filmmakers and renowned directors alike. The Week’s Reya Shreya Rai speaks to some of these talented filmmakers on their ideas and what they have to offer.Sankalpa is about a middle-aged man in a rural village. He’s someone who doesn’t have a single female presence in his life; no mother, no wife, no sister and so on. So, I’ve tried to portray the mental state of someone who doesn’t have a woman in his life. I actually got the inspiration from a guy in my village called Laxmi Prasad. It took a lot of patience for me to witness the workings of his mind. I took note of his whereabouts, habits, and behavior pattern, the way he interacted with people and so on. This information, I carefully compiled into my film. So, basically Sankalpa is about Laxmi Prasad.
Loading...

Post a Comment

 
Top